Terrorfiend
Epic
Epic
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Unknown

Meleekin / Armorkin

Post by Terrorfiend » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:17 pm

Hey guys, quick question for ya...

I read that it can be fun to put on tanking gear and run around in the BGs as a chicken. For me, that'd be a 34k AC moonkin. I know literally nothing about balance since they added the treants and changed things around. Here is the spec I came up with:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0zjrziIsgumox0hZx0b" target="_blank

Some questions I have:

1. If I have zero spell damage, will the bonuses even amount to anything useful?

2. Realistically, I'd switch out a few pvp pieces (boots/bracers etc) for the stamina/resilience/intellect, which puts me at about 7500 mana. I assume I still want the shapeshifting reduction since I'd probably be OOM quicker than DPS moonkins.

3. is OOC worth it for this build?

4. I like to try out the Treants, and there are a few points over in balance that could be removed and still get them. Am I better off putting a few more points in the other trees?

5. Is this idea completely stupid, even just for fun?

-Terror

Borion
Legendary
Legendary
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Tauren
Class: Druid
Xbox GamerTag: Tecwulf
Wii Code: 4136 9808 2994 9596

Re: Meleekin / Armorkin

Post by Borion » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:14 pm

I added my responses in yellow:
Terrorfiend wrote:Hey guys, quick question for ya...

I read that it can be fun to put on tanking gear and run around in the BGs as a chicken. For me, that'd be a 34k AC moonkin. I know literally nothing about balance since they added the treants and changed things around. Here is the spec I came up with:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0zjrziIsgumox0hZx0b" target="_blank

Some questions I have:

1. If I have zero spell damage, will the bonuses even amount to anything useful?

If you're not even going to bother getting decent spell damage, don't get the +spelldamage talents.

2. Realistically, I'd switch out a few pvp pieces (boots/bracers etc) for the stamina/resilience/intellect, which puts me at about 7500 mana. I assume I still want the shapeshifting reduction since I'd probably be OOM quicker than DPS moonkins.

You'll probably want all 3 points in Natural Shapeshifter, which will put the mana cost of moonkin form to around 400 mana I believe.

3. is OOC worth it for this build?

If you're just going for the high armor/melee thing, OOC may be worth it just for free moonfires. Since you didn't take Starlight Wrath, Starfire and Wrath will take too long for OOC to be worthwhile.

4. I like to try out the Treants, and there are a few points over in balance that could be removed and still get them. Am I better off putting a few more points in the other trees?

Your treant damage is based on your +spelldamage. If you don't have a lot of spelldamage to begin with, they're going to be next to worthless except maybe as spell interruptors.

5. Is this idea completely stupid, even just for fun?

I've read that this is pretty much the only way a moonkin can 'effectively' PvP since you don't stay alive long enough in arenas and such for lots of mana to matter. I wouldn't say it's stupid, but it may be fun to try if you like to PvP.

-Terror