Artifact
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Tauren
Class: Druid

Leveling Spec - LaserChicken, Raiding Spec - Tree

Post by zoquete » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:26 pm

Im calculating things will die so fast, that i wont need any typhon and treants

So im going with this spec.. Moonkin t6 should last perfectly even thru 10 man naxx
Almost spell damage didnt take a big upgrade between 80 pieces and t6, 80 epic
pieces lacks +hit and alot of +crit.. its mostly based on haste and stats of int stam and spirit

LaserChicken:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?druid=0 ... 3035000031

Tree:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?druid=0 ... 0000000000

magemore
Legendary
Legendary
Guild: Unknown
Role: Healer

Re: Leveling Spec - LaserChicken, Raiding Spec - Tree

Post by magemore » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:44 pm

Interesting tree spec. Assuming you're going pure healing (not necessarily a good assumption...) do you really feel the 1% haste of celestial focus is better than taking those 3 + 1 from imp moonfire and putting it into 'Gift of the Earthmother'? Any other haste we get on the gear will (I think) make up most of the rest of the .1 sec I think brining GCD to it's lowest (1 sec) for lifebloom.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?druid=0 ... 0000000000

I think it'll be hard to say for sure until we get to the big raids, but I dont see lifebloom stacking going away, just maybe not rolling on 4 people at once. Stick to two main tanks or so, in which case saving about a sec can be nice to keep rejuvs and regrowths up too. I haven't looked to heavily at the gear, but I know there's more mana regen, and even in just the few days I've been on doing Sunwell I still haven't really had any mana issues with LB rolling as I've been doing it, so I still see the GCD reduction being nice for it, but maybe you can persuade me?

zoquete
Artifact
Artifact

Post by zoquete » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:13 pm

The thing is the build is more towards a direct healer build and a hot master backup
Focusing on regrowth and maybe nourish in a near future if there are idols worth.

Gift of the Earthmother is a talent made to spam your abilities without getting
the zomg, There is another action in process message. But Lifebloom been nerf
to the point you cant spam it.. Rejuv can be spammed yes, but since it lasts so long and
ticks so slow.. that you get to a point in which you dont need to spam to refresh it..
So that point of earth mother goes pointless once again.. and now we turn to
Wild Growth which was the best spell in Drood talent trees.. pretty OP and very cheap
for the raid utility it brings.. Yet its nerfed now to a 30 sec cooldown between casts

So no need to reduce global cooldown anymore at least by talents. Haste will bring
the cooldown of all spells.. including the nerfed Wild Growth, Lifebloom. And also makes
you cast faster on your already fast spells like Regrowth and Nourish :).. who knows
Healing touch might be viable again with some glyphs and haste. But well see
Until then im not putting points on Emp Touch and Tranquil Spirit.

Just my thoughs, only reason I though about Gift of the Earthmother was pre lifebloom
nerf and Wild Growth, but now its meh.. besides i havent been using that talent
since patch and it seems like i havent had much of a trouble with the 10% haste
Im atm :) + Moonkin aura .. woot

magemore
Legendary
Legendary
Guild: Unknown
Role: Healer

Post by magemore » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:33 pm

What do we mean by 'spamming' these things? Lifebloom is probably generally useless without rolling it, so if by spamming you mean casting once every 7-8 or so seconds (Depending on Nature's Splendor) or twice in that time frame if you've got two tanks, then I think it is worth 'spamming'. But like I said, it's not really viable to keep it rolling on 4 tanks like we've been able to do before.

In the end. I still expect lifebloom rolling to be useful, and cutting .5 off a GCD. We'll have to see how well nourish fits in. According to MMO nourish is 18% base mana and lifebloom is 14%. So you can keep what will probably be close to 1k ticks going every second for 14% base mana or you can cast drop that in favor of one more nourish (which will be what, like 4k/6k crit probably?) every 7 seconds. To not roll lifeblooms would be foolish. And this is why it matters what you mean by 'spamming' :-P.

Without testing stuff out, I don't see our raid. healing rotation to be too much different. I would expect it'll be about the same, except if there's a regrowth ticking we cast nourish instead to make full use of the HoT and save some mana. Maybe HT will be useful, but without down ranking being useful, it'll be huge over heal most likely leaving hots and nourish to probably be the more ideal heal. 5 mans of course is another issue all together.

Also:
Did you ever 'spam' rejuv? I always waited until it either did it's last tick or had one left... to spam that would be useless, obviously.

Wild Growth: 30 sec CD? I thought it was 6. 30 makes it USELESS and a WORTHLESS 51 pt talent. This doesn't matter for 5 mans really. Raids it'll kinda suck, but since it's a HoT I think it's almost more useful than CoH now.

zoquete
Artifact
Artifact

Post by zoquete » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:49 pm

By Spam is like in Trash pulls where you dont need focus in a single player you can pretty
much pull lifebloom on damaged players in between, Its where the global cooldown
reduction is usefull since your practically clicking the spell before its actually up.

In rolling Lifeblooms between 4 tanks.. You still dont fall in the global cooldown
'There is another action in progress.'

5 or more Targets, then global cooldown becomes a concern, the global cooldown
wont permit you to recast lifebloom in time, unless of course you lower it. which
haste also lowers your global cooldowns ;). Do you really roll 5 or more target
with lifebloom, not that i remember.. Most are 3 and maybe 4 on trash.. but
then again trash is trash :). So you get the idea where im getting 2.

In Rejuv spell like I said, what global cooldown will you use here?, none. its a very long
duration spell.. maybe not as regrowth but close enuff to never have a problem with
GC. Unless your spaming it.. which is making bad use of your mana of course.

Wild Growth was a Lifebloom(x2) on aoe spell. Very Very Efficient and ticks every
second. It was so efficient and Overpowered that I became one of the most used
spells during beta and 3.0.2, no dount i loved the spell.. If not check the WMO of
all fights :) we had.. the spell is just awesome.. But one thing its true It was so
damn good droods Just changed all their bars into this spell.. Better than rolling
lifeblooms. it was like 85% their healing done.. Just to much so yeah needed to
be nerfed.. Blizzard is jumping between 6 - 8 - 12 or 30 sec on cooldowns
on this spell in order to make droods use other spells.. but that will be defined
on a patch post wolk release.. when and what amount of seconds involved
on the spell will depend on blizzard.

and on a PS, I still use Lifebloom is still a usefull spell.. Just the pure fact that
is able to tick every second still is very welcome for tank hot rotation..and I
will continue to use it just for that case.. But still dont see problems with
GC when using it.. unless blizzard plans to up GC timer.. then i would
surely need the talent.. as it stands Ive never ran problem in maintaining a 4
tank lifebloom rotation by hitting GC. but I do have 10% haste :).