Epic
Epic
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Tauren
Class: Hunter

The Hit Cap and You

Post by Jaided » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:56 pm

Since returning I have been reading a lot of theory crafting threads, and pages from random guilds and posts on the forums. I ran accross this one and thought it was easy to understand and had some easy breakdowns on hit and how it effects you and your pets dps. It also explains a few other things like animial handler and focused aim. It breaks down what your hit needs to be with 1/3, 2/3, and 3/3 points in focused aim. Which was handy for me since i don't have many gear sub-in options for right now. Hope it helps, it came in handy for me as I was making a new spread sheet for Jaided.

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/200 ... e-level-80

Sorry I don't know how to shorten or reword links.

Nazgulz
Epic
Epic
Race: Orc

Re: The Hit Cap and You

Post by Nazgulz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:13 am

I would hope that we all know the hit cap by now anyway, but good post. Ultimately you don't want FA (Focused Aim) at all considering that it doesn't apply to your pet's chance to hit. Being hit capped through gear is a pretty high priority and is a significant DPS loss from your pet if you are hit capped with FA. Obviously early on it's unavoidable, but can be achieved with a few upgrades in 25-man content.
[

Jaided
Epic
Epic
Race: Tauren

Re: The Hit Cap and You

Post by Jaided » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:58 pm

Yeah I would agree. It's not as simple for some though. On that page there are also some links to the right that have some other helpful info about enchants etc.