Common
Common
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: blood for the blood god
Race: Tauren
Class: Hunter

I need some help.

Post by Ashcow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Im a lvl 80 hunter on thunderhorn. i really love raiding but my dps is never breaking 4k at the highest. i was wondering if i could get together with one of the higher power hunters in your guild and get some tips on how to up my dps any way possible and get into raids. i am usually on at 6 server time every day and if someone could send me a post or something to let me know if this would work out i would be psyched.

NikkieSixx
Common
Common
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Paladin
Role: Tank
PSN Name: Aconyte
Xbox GamerTag: Aconyte
Wii Code: Fuck el WII

Re: I need some help.

Post by NikkieSixx » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 pm

well umm, i'm no hunter, and i dunno if anyone has talked to you yet. I have an 80 hunter, and he does about 1k less dps than you, but he also has really shitty gear. So if you are in like all 232 or something you are way geared compared to him. just so you know that is where my information is coming from.

As far as dps goes, from what i am noticing it all comes down to your rotation... Like if you are just auto shotting and not popping off those valuable abilities in the right order, your dps will take a hit. take this for instance, my hunter was Surv spec for a while and i did like tops 3k dps(remember i had shitty gear). and i noticed if i would change my rotation slightly, it would mean the diff in about 500 dps. so i had a set rotation, or i like to think of it as an order of operations (like PEMDAS for math) that one is more superior than the other for dps. This is how most classes do their dps and this is how my rotation went.

Kill shot > Black Arrow > explosive shot > Aimed/Multi(situational) shot > Serpent Sting > steadyshot(only if you have nothing else to do)

This was my rotation for DPS and it worked pretty good, also if you have the wrong meta gem or the wrong glyph, you might look at what some of our hunters are wearing. My recommendation is to look up either KROW or NAZGULS on the armory, and see what they are doing for spec/gear and just copy paste, because they rock... they are MM hunters, and that is right now the top spec. I will link you something that might help you out... this website will give you a general idea of where you should be at.

http://www.maxdps.com/hunter/survival.p ... n&n=ashcow

you might try fiddling with some of this to see how your dps would compare. Hope this helps

-Nikkie

Nazgulz
Epic
Epic
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Orc
Class: Hunter

Re: I need some help.

Post by Nazgulz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Hey. Catch me in-game on Nazgulz or Seepingdeath. I'll be glad to answer your questions.
[