Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Unknown
Race: Troll
Class: Hunter

Re: Mage build

Post by Kinzar » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:07 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0V0zZ0EcbRhshVubhcx

11/50/0

If you can make up for the lost hit rating of not having Elemental Precision, I think you'll find this build is the ultimate in single target DPS for mages in 3.0.2

Probably will have to get surefooted on boots and maybe eat some spicy hot talbuk to pull it off tho =P

Levina
Common
Common
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Mage

Post by Levina » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Kinzar wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0V0zZ0EcbRhshVubhcx

11/50/0

If you can make up for the lost hit rating of not having Elemental Precision, I think you'll find this build is the ultimate in single target DPS for mages in 3.0.2

Probably will have to get surefooted on boots and maybe eat some spicy hot talbuk to pull it off tho =P
I'm sitting at 173 atm so I'll stick with my current build. Maybe if I get my hit staff I'll go arc/fire but untill then I need ele precision.

Jugga
Common
Common
Guild: By Clawdians Beard
Race: Undead

Post by Jugga » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:40 pm

Strangely enough I seem to do more DPS as Frost (11/0/50) then any other spec. Arcane is alot of fun for PvP tho. I seems odd to have so much more crit as Frost as well. It seems melee classes are alot more OP raid dps wise (ie rogues, warriors, and hunters).

Having said that when mana becomes more intensive in new content in WoTLK I can see alot of guilds bringing Frost mages to raids to combine with shadow priests for raid mana regen. Frost is very PvE viable now so its something to consider. Of course we cannot all go Frost as Fire or Frostfire will eventually be the highest dps. Also with a Frost mage in the raid Fire mages won't have to bother with scorch since WT will be up at all times. As fun as Arcane is I don't think its going to work well in raids unless they rework arcane blast. At this point its very mana intensive and mediocre dps. I'll be leveling as Arcane or Deep Frost since they have the most utility. Since Mages will be one of the highest dps classes in the xpac its important that we all get comfortable with the new abilities etc. Check elitest jerks out to learn about the projected PvE builds for level 80 as well.

You guys are a really good group and I want us to be on top of our game come Naxx. :P

Jugga
Common
Common
Guild: By Clawdians Beard
Race: Undead

Post by Jugga » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:44 pm

Kinzar wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0V0zZ0EcbRhshVubhcx

11/50/0

This spec requires 215 Hit...Thats assuming Imp FF (3% Hit) or Misery (3% Hit) and remember they do NOT stack. Its usually best to put Focus Magic on someone who naturally crits alot with spells...so a pally, shadow priest (OP Crit buffs). or another mage perhaps. I've tried this spec many times and I've gotten higher dps with the Frost version 11/0/50.