Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Undead
Class: Mage

Mage T8

Post by Endellion » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:07 am

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... 5_mage.jpg

Now tell me that isn't some sexy stuff.

I know not all the gear options are out there yet but it's late, I'm wired, so here it is.

The way the 4 piece is set up we'll be pretty much required to have that to have our dps at the best of it's ability. Free missile barrage? Free hot streak?! Yes please!

Looking at the gear that is currently listed from bosses and whatnot it looks to me that keeping 4 pieces wont be too hard either. There are a few things that are negligible upgrades and only a couple that I would want much more over a piece of T8.

For a fire-based spec, best 4 pieces of T8 are Robe, Legs, Head, Gloves. There is already a pair of shoulders from Ulduar that are better suited for a fire mage (not to mention they look cooler imo) - Mantle of the Unknowing

Arcane is a little different, unfortunately. Only two of the T8 have haste. I'd personally go Gloves, Legs, Shoulders, Robe. There is a pair of sexy haste legs Leggings of Lost Love but at the price of ~2% hit and the 4 piece bonus. Cowl of the Wyrmhunter however is better for arcane than the T8.

Make sure you're taking a look at the gear from PTR as it gets posted so you can get a good idea of what pieces you want to snag instead of just blowing DKP on any old thing and regretting it later. I can't wait until MMO-C puts up a nice cohesive list of gear like they did when wrath came out. Makes creating a gear list so much easier ^.^

Zinko
Legendary
Legendary
Race: Tauren
Class: Warrior
Role: Tank
Xbox GamerTag: TheEzi

Re: Mage T8

Post by Zinko » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:13 am

At least you can look forward to using your tier gear. Except for fights where this OP 4pc bonus of mine is useful, all the offspec gear is far better since block rating sucks so much balls on bosses.

Endellion
Common
Common
Race: Undead
Class: Mage

Re: Mage T8

Post by Endellion » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:22 am

:( Yeah mages got lucky with T7 and T8 bonuses - T8 especially.