Epic
Epic
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Paladin

PRIESTS. BRING CANDLES TO THE RAID

Post by Loudog » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:48 pm

I carry 250 candles to each raid and use over 100 per raid.... Two people whispered me tonight that was out of candles. COME PREPARED

Rakuh
Common
Common
Race: Troll
Class: Priest
Role: Healer

Re: PRIESTS. BRING CANDLES TO THE RAID

Post by Rakuh » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:50 am

It was me, I admit it, and also admit to normally being prepared, no further comment needed. :-)

Loudog
Epic
Epic

Post by Loudog » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:59 am

Also Rakuh, your bags are a mess! You only had like 3-4 bag slots open when I played you in ZA. Also your bank is full. Here's a hint: Start selling stuff now before WotLK. I believe the value is about to drop. The value might go back up when the new Death Knights and new characters go from 60-70 again, but it's going to be a month or 2. Plus you are going to need the bag space for your new quest items, herbs, and other loot when you start leveling. Make you an alt character or 2 with 16 slot bags and load them up. Herbs are going to still be valuable for the patch, due to people leveling inscription. Get as much bag space as possible. I myself am selling everything that's not soulbound. I'm keeping all soulbound gear, in case I'm missing something with the new patch changes. I got rid of all my PvP gear, because I don't pvp much(which was like 2 pieces of Season 1, and the S2 mace). I also went to the extreme and bought 4 22 slot bags from Haris Pilton @ 1200G a pop.

Rakuh
Common
Common

Post by Rakuh » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:53 am

All my dirty laundry out in the open now!.. Thanks Ilas!!! ;-p

Ok, so I am a pack rat. I have tons of stuff and keep it because I don't know if I will need it again. I am terrible about getting rid of things and have never sold anything on the AH. (yes, I have an essence focuser sitting in the bank) I will try to make my bags neater for you Ilas so that I have more room for more stuff.

/hides head in bag

Jemba
Artifact
Artifact
Race: Orc
Class: Warlock

Post by Jemba » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:08 pm

WTB used panties. :o

squishee
Artifact
Artifact
Class: Hunter

Post by squishee » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:31 pm

the only way we can be sure to keep this from happening is to punish transgressors bukake style.

Lutheion
Rare
Rare

Post by Lutheion » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:52 am

Wow wtf Squish... I bring a max of 80 candles per raid night. Then again I don't buff unless someone specifies that I need to hit certain groups. With certain people in the raid who usually takes care of buffing priest buffs I don't see a need to carry 200000000 candles. Now with that being said, 80 candles has always been sufficient for me when I did buff.
Lutheion - Disc / Holy - No more shadow!
Nedan - Prot Pally
Zookii - Unholy DK - Main

Loudog
Epic
Epic

Post by Loudog » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:56 am

Lutheion wrote:Wow wtf Squish... I bring a max of 80 candles per raid night. Then again I don't buff unless someone specifies that I need to hit certain groups. With certain people in the raid who usually takes care of buffing priest buffs I don't see a need to carry 200000000 candles. Now with that being said, 80 candles has always been sufficient for me when I did buff.
The way I buff is like this.

1. After a wipe or start of the night. - As soon as a entire group is in range, they get fort. I use Grid setup with range checkers for this.
2. If there's a 1 or 2 people in a group, they get a 30 min Fort.
3. 3 or more people in the group needs Fort, Group Buff.
4. I always apply new forts to every group when we reach a boss, in case anyone's buff is running low. Also do shadow protection if needed on boss fights.
5. Sometimes I will shadow protect the tank group and my own group if the trash does shadow damage, like some mobs in sunwell and BT.
6. If we are have 1-2 more pulls to a boss that requires shadow protection, I will start buffing ahead of time, but usally not in Sunwell. Gorefiend and Mother in BT are good examples.

I use a mod called Smartbuff to do most of the button, after I set it up. I spam one button and it will buff anyone in range without Fort. I hit this many times during trash to make sure everyone keeps fort.

Luth, no one should have to tell you if you need to buff, if any person that can buff, sees a person without their buff. It should go up right away. Don't wait for any other person of your class to throw up the buff. This goes for all buffing classes. Paladins seem to understand this most, because each pally will give a unqiue buff to the raid. When someone has to ask for a buff, someone or some class isn't doing their job. On the other side, give the buffing class at least one pull before asking for a buff, Smartbuff, and Pallypower doesn't allow for buffing in combat. If you go 2 pulls without a buff, you may then say something.

Lutheion
Rare
Rare

Post by Lutheion » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:09 am

If someone says I'm missing Fort/Shadow I'll select them and hit them with it. It's a waste of my candles just to start buffing groups just because I feel like buffing groups when we have people like you in the raid. Double buffing is ignorant.

Now say we have 2 SP and 2 Holy in a raid and we have communicated between the 4 of us, the 2 SP will hit specific groups with Shadow while the 2 holy hit specific groups with Fort. Without proper communication between all of us it's just whoever buffs does it. Why waste candles when unneeded?

I don't use smartbuff but I know how PallyPower works. It's simple for Paladins to know their assignments on what blessings to give out. One person sets up who does what buffs then you click one button and it does it. It's simple communication without really using words honestly. In the past I know Takku and I would communicate saying I'll hit group 1-3 with buffs while the other would do 4-5.

Basically what I'm getting at is I watch buffs and if someone needs it I'll do a mini buff. If a group needs them and I see it I'll do it but most the time when that happens all priests in the raid generally that same group so that's 2 candles wasted needlessly. Not having candles is one thing but maybe when we have multiple priests in a raid we can share buffing so bringing 20 billion candles isn't needed for one priest.
Lutheion - Disc / Holy - No more shadow!
Nedan - Prot Pally
Zookii - Unholy DK - Main

Lichtoffen
Common
Common
Race: Undead

Post by Lichtoffen » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:48 pm

Walls of texts are not needed for a "wtfbring candles post." Just do it,

kkthxbai
Nëmìsíah-70 Undead Priest: Perfecting the Circle of Healing face roll since November 23, 2004.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Cs%C3%ADah

Kolmar
Rare
Rare
Guild: Unknown

Post by Kolmar » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:18 am

heh i resemble this remark.. i usually carry 40 candles max to a raid ..and i usually buy 40 more when the repair bot is put out. Guess its no big deal now since shadow cannot get fort with what they need for dps anymore. But as for the bag space thing, not everyone sells and disenchants their tier gear. My banks full of sets of gear that i haven't used since 60. When wotlk comes out same will be for the 70 gear. If i wanted bank space for other things like consumables, herbs, and other profession things. I would just make an alt and make a guild for the guild bank heh.

But yes.. BRING YOUR CANDLES.