Some dps stats.

Post by Kolmar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:36 am

* 1 spellpower = 1
* 1 crit rating = 0.59
* 1 haste = 0.8
* 1 spirit = 0.14
* 1 int = 0.21
* 1 hit = 1.8 (when not hit-capped)
* spellpower + crit*0.59 + int*0.21 + spirit*0.14 + haste*0.8 + hit*1.8 + sockets + meta [CSD] = total

Chaotic Skyfire Diamond (~38.9) requires at least two blue gems. To ensure this requirement is satisfied, helms with yellow sockets(assuming the bonus is useful) will be calculated assuming two red gems elsewhere are replaced with blue gems(loss of 10.6) while helms with red/blue sockets will be calculated assuming one red gem elsewhere is replaced by a blue gem(loss of 5.3).
Ember Skyfire Diamond is rated at roughly 16. It has the easiest requirements to meet, but even after they are considered CSD still trumps it.
Mystical Skyfire Diamond s rated at roughly 19.1 , but requires more blue gems than yellow, which rules out the use of Reckless Pyrestones to gain useful socket bonuses, so CSD is used for all meta slots.

Just ask and i can list comparisons of some items versus others.

Loudog
Epic
Epic
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Paladin

Re: Some dps stats.

Post by Loudog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:00 pm

This list is out of date for patch 3.0.3. I believe you took it from the Best level 70 raiding gear list @

http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16224

I use SimulationCraft when choosing my gear. (http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/). Simcraft is where the person making this list gets his information and has not updated it for the new patch that came out yesterday.

The gear I choose and how I gem is based off the Latest Report @ 70 from Simcraft.

http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraf ... 70_General

The chart at the bottom tells you how well each stat scales with a PERFECT cast rotation, no lag, etc... In a perfect world in other words.
As you can see by the numbers, after 3.0.3:

A priest using SW:D gets a .95 rating for crit and a .87 rating for haste.
A priest NOT using SW:D gets a .95 rating for crit and a .98 rating for haste.

Now, these numbers as I mentioned are based in a perfect world. I personally like to use SW:D in my rotation since it can proc IST and is useful on movement fights. I also prefer crit because I can get strange lag spikes that can mess up my cast rotation nullifying the benefit from haste. I also prefer to see bigger numbers on dots to help my dps on movement fights. Also, since priest mana regen from Replinsihment is no longer based on damage, haste seems to run me OOM faster. This playstyle might not be for everyone. To my disappointment, I found out crit will not help me as much leveling, because Spirit Tap will overwrite Improved Spirit Tap.

Another funny thing to look at on the chart. Smite priests get more value from Int than +hit :P

Rakuh
Common
Common
Race: Troll
Class: Priest
Role: Healer

Post by Rakuh » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Ilas,
Does it have something similar for us healy types of priesties?

and..

BOUT Time you got your text back in here!!

Loudog
Epic
Epic

Post by Loudog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Here's a gear list for healing priests, but I don't trust it. Go with your gut.

http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13259

EDIT: It's also old. Pre 3.0

ANOTHER EDIT: The way I choose my healing gear. I use the mod RatingBuster to see how much mp5/healing I'm gaining or losing and then see if it feels right :P I'm a mana regen and crit whore when healing :)

Kolmar
Rare
Rare
Guild: Unknown

Post by Kolmar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:00 pm

heh thats not a gear list.. thats the math for what stats were = to dps b4 3.0.3 btw ilas. And i think all shadowpriests should use sw:d in their rotation . 1) it is a dps increase tho small it is more dps. 2) if and when it crits its an imp spirit tap proc which helps alot.

Oh if you are having trouble with mana get veiled whatever the new improved fade. Then use shadowfiend on the pull after you apply dots and mb/swd. This will give you a much helpful mana boost to stay in the game longer. If you get in trouble again just pop dispersion when your moving. Then you probably have shadowfiend up again IF the fight lasts that long which it shouldn't.

The haste stat is really for mindflay and mindflay only so your casting rotation won't really interfere with its benefit as long as mindflay is being cast. Also be weary on when you end your mindflay the last tick is really delayed atm. Mind you stacking straight haste is a big mistake you are best off for around 300 haste then going for crit/dmg. Unless you are on a fight like Brutallus then you could go all out haste.

Heh... go figure when I'm quitting i start doing research I fail.

Loudog
Epic
Epic

Post by Loudog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:43 pm

Yeah, I'm doing all those things Kolmar :) Except getting 300 haste. I don't have the gear atm for that, but soon :) My dps went up when I replaced all my Reckless Pyrestones with Potent Pyrestones (on the training dummy anyways).

BTW, what kind of DPS are yall doing in sunwell now. Brut for example.

Kolmar
Rare
Rare

Post by Kolmar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:38 pm

dunno bout brutallus but on m'ur dr was number 2 and i was number 3 with about a 1k dmg difference between us. We were pulling above 2k the whole fight. Oh keep in mind ilas when you are dealing with training dummies are you hitting a 73 one?... you'll get more partial resists on those.

Gilgalador
Epic
Epic
Race: Undead

Post by Gilgalador » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:31 pm

ilas wrote:BTW, what kind of DPS are yall doing in sunwell now. Brut for example.
I haven't been in sunwell in quite some time, but I ventured back into BT the day of the 3.0.3 patch, I did 2388 dps on Gorefiend and I know I was screwing up my execution a bit (plus had to fade because of constructs - costing me a little dps). 2500-2700 should be very realistic with proper execution and full raid buffing at lvl 70. (I maintained all spells except SW:Death, mostly because of mana efficiency issues since I can't spec all the way up shadow and still get meditation).

Loudog
Epic
Epic

Post by Loudog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Just did 2537.1 dps on brut with a burn and my crappy gear :P

Zinko
Legendary
Legendary
Race: Tauren
Class: Warrior
Role: Tank
Xbox GamerTag: TheEzi

Post by Zinko » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:00 pm

I did 1200 DPS tanking M'uru adds once.

Oh right, shadow priests.

Deathrevival
Legendary
Legendary
Race: Troll

Post by Deathrevival » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:10 am

Did 2375 dps on a KJ attempt tonight. Haven't done a Brutallus in a raid week or 2 though.

Here's the WMO for it:
http://wmo.ngacn.cc/combat/730877

Kolmar
Rare
Rare

Post by Kolmar » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:54 am

Highest I have done since patch was ~2340dps on brut but that was 3.0.2. The delay on last tick of mindflay plays with my head sometimes. But damn ilas 2500dps on brut thats pretty impressive. what are you talking about shitty gear you have same gear level as me and DR.

Kolmar
Rare
Rare

Post by Kolmar » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:50 am

Been reports of sp's pulling 3300 dps on brutallus.

Loudog
Epic
Epic

Post by Loudog » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:57 am

Stats On our KJ kill last night:

ImageImage

ImageImage

I fail at posting pics on forums. All I can get is thumbnails to work.