Common
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Undead
Class: Priest
Role: Healer

priesty power

Post by healor » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:54 pm

So i have lvld as, and always been holy/disc. But have gone shadow as on offspec.

I have limited raid time as shadow, and focus most of my time/resources into holy/disc. But am just looking for some tips, and suggestions to get out some more dps in my offspec.

I have read a few posts on EJ and other sites, and am just looking for some guidance from our shadow priests. (the mtrs don't lie, you guys are rockin)

So my gear is somewhat decent, and have full set of t9 and am hit capped. I was wondering what stat should i focus on for gems and chants. Spl pwr, crit, or haste.

Also just loooking for tips on my rotation.

For single target i use the following - Devouring Plague (DP), word pain (SW:P) Vampric Touch (VT) SW death, mind blast (MB) Mind Flay (MF) x2. Then i refresh SWdeath and MB on every cooldown. roll SWdeath, and MB and MF until dots run out, refresh those and repeat with SWdeath, MB and MF.

Should i keep up all dots, or just use SWdeath, MB and MF.

Grab a beer and lets discuss.

Cheers,

Healor

ulga
Legendary
Legendary
Race: Troll
Class: Shaman

Re: priesty power

Post by ulga » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:52 am

There are certainly better to respond to this than myself, but I happy to share the meager nuggets of knowledge i have accrued on my priest.

1) Once hit capped, go for SP then Haste then Crit. Spirit isnt bad, but not over the above, and only gem for it to get ur meta gem to work. Basically fill ur 2 best blue socket items (bonus) with SP/Spirit for the meta, the rest of the blues with 23 SP or SP/Haste. Red get 23 SP. Yellow get SP/Haste. Making sure you remain hit capped of course.

2) I start with VT then DP then MB, then flay til 5 stacks then finally SWP. Flay between MB cooldowns and refresh VT and DP as needed. I rarely us SWD - mebbe to finish off a wounded duck, but not in rotation.

Hopefully one or more of our Pro-SPs will chime in and I can learn a few new tricks too. My dps is decent but can surely get better :-)

NikkieSixx
Common
Common
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Paladin
Role: Tank
PSN Name: Aconyte
Xbox GamerTag: Aconyte
Wii Code: Fuck el WII

Post by NikkieSixx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:30 am

MY SP is level 22, I cast The big fire pillar spell, and then i put on SW:P, after that it's all about the wand baby!

LAWL, i'm not much help here...

-Nikkie

healor
Common
Common
Race: Undead
Role: Healer

Post by healor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:12 pm

thanks. I started dropping my swdeath and it seems to be upping my dps. So i'll start tickering with my rotations with my dot refreshing a little bit. Will try the wand technique as well. thanks Nikkiesix lol

Malexanica
Common
Common
Race: Blood Elf
PSN Name: Malexanica
Xbox GamerTag: Malexanica
Wii Code: 6836 2008 0860 3469

Post by Malexanica » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:52 am

If you have a yellow slot use reckless ametrine (12sp/10haste) as long as you have at least a 7SP socket bonus. Any less and go for pure SP.

Reds, go for Runed Cardnials (23SP)

Blues, go with Purafied Dreadstone (12sp/10spr) for just 2 to activate your meta. After 2 go for Runied Cardnials (23SP)

Stat table looks like this.

10SP = 12.50DPS
10crit = 7.07DPS
10haste = 8.99DPS
10Spirit = 3.75DPS

Your hit cap is 290 (11%) with 3 points in Shadow focus and Misery.

Glyphs

[Glyph of Mind Flay]
[Glyph of Shadow]
[Glyph of Shadow word: Pain]

Just pick what you like for minor glyphs

As for a rotation its whatever your comfortable with mostly. Make sure you have 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving before you cast SW:P to get the extra 10% effect. SW:D is typically a DPS loss and as of the 4set bonus from T10 Mind Blast seems to be a DPS loss as well (though I haven't tested this myself yet). Don't look for big DPS if you have to move around a lot or switch targets frequently. Multi dotting will boost your DPS, but most fights now don't really require it other than trash packs. My rotation is VT, DP, MB, MF (clipped at 2 ticks), SW:P. From there its keeping up DOTS and cycling MB and MF inbetween.

Another thing you want to keep in mind is your trinkets. For instance my two trinkets increase my SP when I do damage. [Eye of the Broodmother] stacks 5 times to give 125 extra SP, but not with mindflay ticks and [Maradin's Spyglass] stacks 10 times to give 180 extra SP, but mind flay ticks proc each stack here. So just be aware that you'll have to refresh SW:P in a long fight to get the most bang for your buck. I sometimes cheat and cast levitate on myself 5 times before a pull so [Eye of the Broodmother] is at 5 stacks before I do anything :-).

Hope this helps out some.