Rare
Rare
Server: Frostmane
Guild: Obsidium
Race: Undead
Class: Warlock

Mutilate

Post by Dyingeulogy » Wed May 28, 2008 8:13 am

Well, I tried Mutilate on my rogue for a bit, was fun as hell. Although, it seemed like it was less DPS over all vs combat, also was annoying as fuck in 5 mans trying to constantly be behind the mobs. I ran across this video, and it was somewhat helpful, and it seems like he is doing considerably more damage.

http://www.vimeo.com/1078652

/discuss

(PS) I know gear comes into play alot, but I'm not sure why it seems like he didn't have constant energy problems. I'll try mutilate out again some point within the next week or two bearing this video in mind.

Exzile
Epic
Epic
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Unknown

Re: Mutilate

Post by Exzile » Wed May 28, 2008 9:29 am

Thats actually one of the more respected pvp rogues out there. Damnit, cannot think of his old name now =( He has a mutilate pvp video out there, came out like 2 months ago.

For starters his gear > yours quite a bit, and with mutilate being what it is every little advantage is huge. Combat can do well with average gear, as it is far more hit and AP dependant something that is easy to acquire.

Mutilate really needs to be effective about 30% crit unbuffed at least 1900-2000 AP and 250+ hit. Combinied with high end daggers, he is using the Shiv of Exquisition (spelling is off I know) which drops off of the Eredar twins as well the S3 mutilator.

His gear and daggers are going to put out numbers you can't achieve yet with the badge gear and t4-t5 quality gear sans badge gear. And also, he's in a raid setting so full raid buffs. You have mainly done 5 and 10 mans as mutilate.

His numbers are above my numbers but I frequantly get 5k double mutilate crits in raids just like him.

And also, what is your rotation? With mutilate I rarely max out CPs. I go at 4-5 on all things in a constant rotation...4-5 SnD followed by 4-5 rupture folllowed by 4-5 evis..I noticed he used envenom...not sure the reasoning as there is no eveidence it is greater DPS than leaving your deadly to stack.

He also, was not using WF that may be a reason right there for the envenoms as he was going dual deadly and may have just been blowing off the envenoms due to teh nature of the fight with no tots on top.

But IMO Dying, its mainly just a gear issue that Mutilate needs in order to come close to combat swords or fists. Combat just requires less to do more than the other builds.

PS - The energy thing you are seeing may be due to your rotation. Since I am not sure yet what you do, but what I think you are seeing is that he is using more finishers. More finishers = more energy gains.

Exzile
Epic
Epic

Post by Exzile » Wed May 28, 2008 9:49 am

Eviscerate, that's who that is. He has made a few movies. Latest one is here Eviscerate 7

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=67709

Good movie, he does mainly world pvp and 1v1 duals as 41/20 mutilate.

Rickter
Rare
Rare

Post by Rickter » Wed May 28, 2008 4:17 pm

So thats the same rogue in both vids you guys posted? Nice music on the pvp on e ><

Exzile
Epic
Epic

Post by Exzile » Thu May 29, 2008 11:18 am

Yea its the same guy.