Common
Common
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Unknown
Race: Troll
Class: Rogue

Mutilate rogue for raids?

Post by Ducetius » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:50 pm

Does the guild prefer one of us rogues to maintain a raiding mutilate spec for 25 man? I am seeing nice numbers from having one...from the raid buff to having a real impact on Tricks of the trade since Mutilate burst damage is really nice.

Just wondering what we were looking for in terms of rogue raiders.

kaos
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Mutilate rogue for raids?

Post by kaos » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:03 pm

mut is more than fine for raiding, if you like it, do it

Ducetius
Common
Common

Post by Ducetius » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:00 pm

You know me, I'll do w/e works best for the guild/raid. I know combat is better on trash for sure, but seems comparable on bosses or non-murderable mobs.

Exzile
Epic
Epic

Post by Exzile » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:43 am

Honestly...I'm finding mutilate to be superior to normal combat.

Can see my armory here: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... e&n=Exzile

I have my pvp/farming daggers equipped, both 1.8 speed. Normally I am using http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=37856 x2. Picked up both off AH for 400g total. Don't think too many people realize just how nasty 1.3 speed daggers are for mutilate. Not even enchanted yet, as I don't want to pay the cost of mongoose(s) again on the AH. But it honestly does not matter from what I am seeing.

My combat sword gear is same but with thaddius sword and Wyrmrest honored off hand. Both pretty good weapons, both chanted with mongoose. http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=39291 http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=44187

So as you can see, my weaponry would appear to be superior as combat swords, but I had a hard time keeping up with some classes in 5/10 and 25 man wintergrasp bosses. Switch to mutilate and really do much better in dps.

Key is, to stay constant as the build is very unforgivable and letting HFG drop once or cutting your energy too early is costly.

Did 3200+ dps on wintergrasp boss yesterday with those 2 1.3 speed daggers.

Ducetius
Common
Common

Post by Ducetius » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:22 pm

wow I've never seen those 1.30 daggers. I need to watch the AH for those then. I haven't seen any 1.30 speed daggers since that epic one pre-BC that dropped off trash in Strat.

And yeah, Aids and I have been chatting about how combat is lacking right now. With your MH sword it would appear that combat should be doing much better...but I think the major fault right now with combat is hit rating. I am finding that if I stack up the hit again (err) I can hold my own still, but if I follow the spread sheets and reduce hit to like 237...I miss so much its horrible.

Exzile
Epic
Epic

Post by Exzile » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Yep, that's what I have come to realize as well. To keep competitive as combat you need so much hit. And to maintain that hit you either have to wear all level 70 gear which is kinda obsolete, or you have to re-gem hit gems out the ass.

But, if you go mutilate you can get by with much less hit and still rock the charts.

There are some 1.4 spd blue daggers from Kirin-tor rep I think as well. Just keep an eye out, can snag some daggers on the AH if you keep an eye out.

Going to see how mutilate performs in a real 25 man setting, doing 25 man naxx tonight. No murderable bosses, so not a huge advantage on paper. But I think, that I will out-perform somewhat.