Artifact
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Orc
Class: Warlock

Affliction Spec

Post by Jemba » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:11 pm

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

This is the most commonly accepted "best" affliction spec.

Noticed today that according to math geeks on EJ, that it appears Affliction will scale better than Destro granted they give significant buffs to spellpower over other stats, which is yet to be seen.

In the long run it may be worth mastering the spec just in case destro falls behind. One simulationcraft study (yes its all numbers) shows Destro to be lowest DPS, even lower than Hybrid, but that even under the best circumstances Destro is 5k+ and Hybrid is 5.3k+ while Affliction can top 7k with everything 100% perfect and perfect gear.

One thing I noted was that all specs tend to do similar DPS until you hit 25% on a boss, then Drain Soul kicks it up 1k+
BUT!!! If you let ANY dots drop off during that time, your dps will plummet. This is how many guilds down Sarth 3D so fast, with 2 Affliction Locks and 15 DoTs on the dragons.

With the changes coming to Affliction I wonder if it will be easier to master? Granted if you have high latentcy, its impossible to master and you best stick with Destro or Hybrid.

Add more as I read more.

DTA
Common
Common

Re: Affliction Spec

Post by DTA » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:48 am

Good Point. All specs are equal until the target drops below 25%. However, I do not believe we will have a clear cut spec until we are all able to do some testing on the PTR. With all the glyph and talent changes I believe its going to take a little while to cypher through the specs to find the best one.

Jemba
Artifact
Artifact

Post by Jemba » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am

And they are massive! Hope we can get copied over at some point.

DTA
Common
Common

Post by DTA » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:14 pm

After doing some research and playing around with the new talent tree, it looks like Hybrid specs are going to become very popular. Just check out the 0-37-34 spec where you get Emberstorm/Decimate thats going to be interesting. However, I feel like Blizz got confused because Decimate and MC both belong in the Destro tree not Demo. Decimate is the new Execute for the Demo Tree it appears

Also with them removing the SL dot from affliction and taking away all of its DPS they are nerfing affliction also. Sure looks like they are trying to push more people into playing some sort of Hybrid spec or to go deeper into DEMO.

Jemba
Artifact
Artifact

Post by Jemba » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Oh yes EJ is saying that Affliction is going to take a nice damage reduction with SL removed and Immolate not in the rotation due to MC being moved to Demo. Deep Destro looks a little nerfed as well.

Time for talent calculator playing.