Common
Common
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Tauren
Class: Warlock

Fury Slow OH?

Post by Johnii » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:17 pm

I've been messing with the 2.3 DPS spreadsheet from EJ forums. It consistently shows an increase in overall DPS with a slow OH equipped. Anybody know how accurate these spreadsheets are?

Helghast
Rare
Rare
Race: Orc
Class: Warrior
Role: Tank
PSN Name: Helscream

Re: Fury Slow OH?

Post by Helghast » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:54 pm

Personally its about having good stats on your OH. Use to fast OH was the thing pre-bc. But now everything is % multipliers, and flat damage increases worked best for fast weapons (example: sharping stones). But really you have to observe the damage range on an item as well. Even though u have a weapon with high DPS. You might get unlucky one fight and keep having attacks that are on the low-end instead of your top-end. A weapon with a small gap in the damage range is way more reliable i would think. I'm not math man, but common sense can answer helps most when you want to whoop some ass.

Muinfah
Epic
Epic
Guild: Unknown

Post by Muinfah » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:54 am

Helghast wrote:Personally its about having good stats on your OH. Use to fast OH was the thing pre-bc. But now everything is % multipliers, and flat damage increases worked best for fast weapons (example: sharping stones). But really you have to observe the damage range on an item as well. Even though u have a weapon with high DPS. You might get unlucky one fight and keep having attacks that are on the low-end instead of your top-end. A weapon with a small gap in the damage range is way more reliable i would think. I'm not math man, but common sense can answer helps most when you want to whoop some ass.

Helg, they buffed whirlwind; it attacks with both main and off-hand if you are dual-wielding. It makes a slow-offhand much better for whirlwinding in raids/etc (esp if you take imp whirlwind). As far as the EJ spreadsheets go, I would have to say they're very accurate; I've used them in the past and am messing with one right now trying to use some haste rating.

Kinos
Rare
Rare
Class: Shaman
Role: Healer

Post by Kinos » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:27 am

Yeah with whirlwind now hitting with both weapons, it definately gives the edge to a slow weapon. Before the only thing that mattered was dps and stats.

sometroll
Legendary
Legendary
Race: Troll
Class: Shaman

Post by sometroll » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:54 pm

Damn it...

Back off me low OH weps!

Johnii
Common
Common
Class: Warlock

Post by Johnii » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:57 am

meh, you already have rising tide and the other weapon im going for is a sword, so you are safe...for now. Just leave my dps plate drops alone and turn up your outbound on vent for crying out loud.

Helghast
Rare
Rare
Race: Orc
Class: Warrior
Role: Tank
PSN Name: Helscream

Post by Helghast » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:21 pm

Yea, everytime i make a post. Blizzard updates shit. WHY CAN;T CHANGE THINGS, WHEN I ACTUALLY PLAY!

squishee
Artifact
Artifact
Race: Troll
Class: Hunter

Post by squishee » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:57 pm

Helghast wrote:Yea, everytime i make a post. Blizzard updates shit. WHY CAN;T CHANGE THINGS, WHEN I ACTUALLY PLAY!
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
-helghast

:]