Epic
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Orc
Class: Warrior
Role: Tank

New Warrior Glyphs 3.1

Post by Grimwar » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:15 am

I'm sure you guys already have seen this somewhere but here is a list of the latest glyphs in 3.1.

Glyph of Heroic Strike — Increases the critical strike chance of Heroic Strike by 5%. (Old: You gain 10 rage when you critically strike with your Heroic Strike ability.)

Glyph of Barbaric Insults — Your Mocking Blow ability generates 100% additional threat. (Old: Your Mocking Blow ability also taunts the target.)

Glyph of Sweeping Strikes — Reduces the rage cost of your Sweeping Strikes ability by 100%. (Old: You generate 30 rage over 12 sec when you use your Sweeping Strikes ability.)

Glyph of Overpower — Adds a 100% chance to enable your Overpower when your attacks are parried. (Old: 50%)

Glyph of Bladestorm *new* — Reduces the cooldown on Bladestorm by 15 sec.

Glyph of Shockwave *new* — Reduces the cooldown on Shockwave by 3 sec.

Glyph of Vigilance *new* — Your Vigilance ability transfers an additional 5% of your target’s threat to you.

Glyph of Enraged Regeneration *new* — Your Enraged Regeneration ability heals for an additional 10% of your health over its duration.

Glyph of Spell Reflection *new* — Reduces the cooldown on Spell Reflection by 1 sec.

Glyph of Shield Wall *new* — Reduces the cooldown on Shield Wall by 3 min, but Shield Wall now only reduces damage taken by 40%.

I know Zinko has been trying out the Shield Wall glyph along with the talents for a 2 min CD. I'm still leary of only having a 40% damage reduction when needed at a crucial time. Though, I haven't seen any problems yet. Let me know what you've found out with this setup, Zinko.

Personally, I've been using the Vigilance glyph and I would have to say it's been working very well. It seemed to work extremely well on Nazgulz while doing the hallway on Thorim since he would immediately unload on the next target. I'm also debating dropping the blocking glyph for the Herioc crit chance for threat vs. survivability, however, I think I'll do this after gaining some more gear to where survivability isn't as much of an issue.

As for DPS, I don't see anything extraordinary in these new glyphs that would make me want to replace current ones for Arms. Since I haven't gone Fury yet I'm not sure about these glyphs with that talent spec.

Discuss!

Zinko
Legendary
Legendary
Race: Tauren
Role: Tank
Xbox GamerTag: TheEzi

Re: New Warrior Glyphs 3.1

Post by Zinko » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:39 pm

One, the changes to heroic strike glyph were reverted. It's still the same 10 rage back on critical hits.

I've replaced my blocking glyph for vigilance in my Deep Wounds build, as it's a far better glyph choice IMO since the point of that spec is for threat (although other than glyph choices, I don't loose that much from a mitigation build).

I'm using the shield wall glyph in my other build for the sole purpose of being able to stay alive and reducing damage taken. This build I use for fights where immediate threat isn't that big of a concern (Freya is a good example). With the glyphs I'm using I have 2 mins last stand and 2 minute shield wall, along with 5/5 imp demo.

Basic DPS glyph setup seems to be

Arms:
Mortal Strike
Rending
Execution

Fury:
Bloodthirst
Whirlwind
Heroic Strike

The only thing I would change is perhaps execution for bladestorm, but I don't know much on any improvements it might have.

Nonaa
Legendary
Legendary
Race: Troll
PSN Name: Nonaki1

Re: New Warrior Glyphs 3.1

Post by Nonaa » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 pm

I would change the Bloodthirst glyph to Execute, the extra healing isn't really that important verse the extra damage you could get form Execute. My tanking glyphs are Revenge, Vigilance, and Heroic Strike.