Epic
Epic
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Tauren
Class: Hunter

Application Template

Post by Jaided » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:08 am

The following is a template that should be used by all people that are interested in applying to Lobster Brood. Please fill this out as completely as possible.

Character Names:
Main:
Alts (So We Can Contact You In Game Easier):
Your Age:
Computer Specs:
What ISP/Internet Connection Type:
Class/Main Spec/Dual Spec:
Professions:

Previous Guilds/Servers:
Last Guild Leader:
Last Class Leader:

* Have you ever had a name change based on transfer or paid?
If Yes, please list previous names:

* Armory Link:

* Would you, if asked by the GL/RL/Advisor, respec for the betterment of the guild?

* Does your character meet guild requirements for your class as listed in the Applying to Lobster Brood thread?

* Please describe your 10/25 man raid experience Pre-Cata as well as Cataclysm Raids:

* Raiding Availability:

* Personal Goals:

* Reason for applying with Lobster Brood:

* Are you friends with or have you grouped with any current members of Lobster Brood:

* Do you have Ventrilo, and can you use a mic:

We mainly discuss applicants internally so just because there is no activity related to your application does not mean it is not being discussed. Applications will be locked when we feel there is no further discussion needed. This does not mean that we are no longer considering your application. At this point we will contact you in game if we need any further information from you.

WARNING!: If your application does not follow this format the post will not be considered.

Jaided
Epic
Epic
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Tauren
Class: Hunter

Sample Application

Post by Jaided » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:28 am

Toon Name: Caën
Computer Specs: 2.26 x2 Processor 8 core Mac Pro, 16 GB of DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon 4870 512 MB VRAM.
ISP: Comcast, no problems in 2 complete years.
Class/Main Spec/Dual Spec: Death Knight - DPS Blood, Frost Tank
Professions: 439 Blacksmith, 450 Jewelcrafting

Previous Guilds/Servers: Kel Thuzad - SrC [PvP], Thunderhorn - Platinum [As Rogue]
Last Guild Leader: RogueKaos
Last Class Leader: Kaval

Have you ever had a name change based on transfer or paid?
If Yes, please list previous names. No

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... rhorn&n=Caën

Describe Reasons for Spec & Theorycraft: I have played 3 DKs total, 2 in beta and my current one. I have actively tested all 3 trees extensively and have researched on EJ as well as compiled my own information of advantages and disadvantages. I remain adaptive to changes to my class each patch since its conception and work to better not only myself but the raid.

As for choosing Blood spec, our Enhancement shaman is usually switching between that and Elemental for our ranged. With Blood giving a 10% AP to all melee, RDPS skyrockets, as well as TPS for tanks and pets. I am very self-sufficient and easily healed while dealing a massive payload at well. Stacking more ArP will further introduce massive destruction.

In terms of my dual spec, Frost tanking was most comfortable to me, and brought the WF buff incase we did not have a shaman. The single and AOE TPS was effective and it has fit like a glove compared to UH. Mathematically speaking, if UH or Blood was proven to be superior in all field types I would spec as appropriate. I am capable of all three trees effectively for both DPS and Tanking.

Would you, if asked by CL/Officer/GL, respec for the betterment of the guild? Anytime, my DPS is my strong quality, but I am willing and able to tank on call for the betterment of any raid.

How do your reputations match to those required of your class listed in the Applying to Lobster Brood

DK:
(current faction) - Exalted [Shoulder Enchant]
(current faction) - Revered [DPS Helm Enchant]
(current faction) - Revered [Tank Helm Enchant]

What is the furthest raid encounter you have done Pre-Cata as well as Cata?

LK 25, LK 10, 7/12 HICC

Raiding Availability: 6pm - 1am, 5 days a week unless told otherwise I am working [As will be updated as soon as I know my schedule.]

Personal Goals: To enjoy the journey and not the destination, raiding is about a team of people working toward one goal, with sheer determination and resilience I admire challenges that test our mettle. I can say I'm no longer one who cares much for loot but rather enjoy the company of the raid that is molded from good to striving into greatness. I wish to be a piece of that puzzle and help friends achieve their goals. My own goals are simply to be desired in raids as a strong contender with whatever role I must play.

Reason for applying with Lobster Brood: My guild was not progressing at all, had to deal with quite a few selfish or flaky people. When the atmosphere of raiding is detrimental to the point of wishing to not log on, it is time for a change.