Fellwood - Soon to be 85 Arms Warrior

Information on joining Lobster Brood.
Post Reply
Fellwood
Common
Common
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 6:54 am
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Unknown
Race: Orc
Class: Warrior

Fellwood - Soon to be 85 Arms Warrior

Post by Fellwood » Sat May 28, 2011 7:22 am

Character Names: Fellwood, Shehias, Svetmo (only ones worth mentioning at present)
Main: Shehias and Svetmo
Alts (So We Can Contact You In Game Easier): Shehias or Svetmo on Alliance
Your Age:20
Computer Specs: To be honest, I don't pay attention to this sort of stuff. It'll suffice to say that I actively run 10 mans 6 days a week with problems rarely happening.
What ISP/Internet Connection Type: AoL, broadband (Don't exactly remember :P)
Class/Main Spec/Dual Spec: Warrior/Arms/Prot
Professions: Blacksmithing/Mining, going to go JC/Smithing when I establish myself on Horde a bit.

Previous Guilds/Servers: Unstoppable is the only noteworthy one in this expansion (It's fair to note that I'm still in the guild, right?), Parasite in Wrath.
Last Guild Leader: Cushion
Last Class Leader: No class leaders in the guilds I've been in.

* Have you ever had a name change based on transfer or paid?
If Yes, please list previous names:

* Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... d/advanced

* Would you, if asked by the GL/RL/Advisor, respec for the betterment of the guild?
If it was needed, yes I would.

* Does your character meet guild requirements for your class as listed in the Applying to Lobster Brood thread?
Not at the time of writing up this application, but by tonight I'll be working on reps and the such.

* Please describe your 10/25 man raid experience Pre-Cata as well as Cataclysm Raids:
MC cleared, ZG cleared, BWL 2 bosses down for Vanilla, Kara/Gruul/SSC cleared in BC, everything in Wrath cleared or attempted a LOT, including H LK when it was current and before the 10% buff got released, and I'm 6/13 in heroic with a few attempts thrown out there on other heroic bosses for this expansion. Hopefully that 6 will turn in to a 7 in the next few days.

* Raiding Availability:
Largely depends on the raid times for this guild, but if they're reasonable I should be able to have near 100% raid attendance.

* Personal Goals:
Personal goals? To get as progressed as possible when content is current. I've always been late to content, it's nice to actually get in to things when they're current. To see the fights as as many different class/role combos as possible is also great, and to make parses makes me get butterflies in mah tummy.

* Reason for applying with Lobster Brood:
No reason that couldn't be, in some way, seen as an alliance player being a douche. I just want to see what the horde has got as far as it's raiders go, and it'd be nice to increase my social network a bit. I've always seen LB as being the better of the horde, and I'd love to actually get in there and play with some of the people that used to gank me when I left myself flagged in various zones, pre-Cata.

* Are you friends with or have you grouped with any current members of Lobster Brood:
Unfortunately, no.


Adding a little note to increase my... How do you say that... Acceptability? Something that has to do with making my app look more enticing.
Being that I've done 6/13 heroic modes, I can bring some knowledge of fights and some sort of guarantee that I won't screw something up royally while on progression, along with skill to back it. It takes a bit for me to get situated in a new class/role as far as raids go, but as soon as I get the hang of it, I can almost guarantee that I won't screw up, and that I'll excel in whatever it is I'm set to do.
As with any human, though, there are things that would make me screw up, only thing I can say about that is... Yelling is unhealthy.
I'm going to stop before I start rambling. :)

Klysmo
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 874
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:56 am
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Orc
Class: Death Knight
Role: Tank
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Fellwood - Soon to be 85 Arms Warrior

Post by Klysmo » Sat May 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Fellwood wrote:No reason that couldn't be, in some way, seen as an alliance player being a douche. I just want to see what the horde has got as far as it's raiders go, and it'd be nice to increase my social network a bit. I've always seen LB as being the better of the horde, and I'd love to actually get in there and play with some of the people that used to gank me when I left myself flagged in various zones, pre-Cata.
I don't think you're being a douche, but at the same time I can't help but feel mildly insulted by this application. I will assume this is a serious proposal, and unless you prove otherwise, I will address it as such.

Please clarify/comment on the following:

1) You have a Ret Paladin that is 6/13, Hunter that is 11/12, and a level 83 Arms/Prot Warrior. The Pally is in a different guild than your other 2 toons. Assuming this is accurate, why would you apply to a 4/13 guild with a toon that isn't even 85 yet? This is a fair question considering that we are progressing in heroic raid content as our primary focus.

2) Is it your intention to continue raiding on your Paladin and Hunter while attempting to raid with us on the Warrior as well?

3) Your Warrior would not be considered for a raiding status until your reps were exalted where necessary, professions the same, and have completed most/all of the encounters on normal mode. Do you plan on completing this before Firelands while continuing to raid on your other 2 toons as well?

Thanks!
Klysmo - Orc Death Knight
Kinetic - Goblin Shaman
Kaze - Orc Warrior
Cypher - Orc Rogue

Fellwood
Common
Common
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 6:54 am
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Unknown
Race: Orc
Class: Warrior

Re: Fellwood - Soon to be 85 Arms Warrior

Post by Fellwood » Sat May 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Klysmo wrote:I don't think you're being a douche, but at the same time I can't help but feel mildly insulted by this application. I will assume this is a serious proposal, and unless you prove otherwise, I will address it as such.

Please clarify/comment on the following:

1) You have a Ret Paladin that is 6/13, Hunter that is 11/12, and a level 83 Arms/Prot Warrior. The Pally is in a different guild than your other 2 toons. Assuming this is accurate, why would you apply to a 4/13 guild with a toon that isn't even 85 yet? This is a fair question considering that we are progressing in heroic raid content as our primary focus.

2) Is it your intention to continue raiding on your Paladin and Hunter while attempting to raid with us on the Warrior as well?

3) Your Warrior would not be considered for a raiding status until your reps were exalted where necessary, professions the same, and have completed most/all of the encounters on normal mode. Do you plan on completing this before Firelands while continuing to raid on your other 2 toons as well?

Thanks!
1) Paladin raids as prot, just happened to log off as ret recently. My warrior is 3 bars away from 85 when I'm typing this. I'm applying in the hopes of raiding more then I do, as that's my only joy in the game. I'd, in all honestly, like to find an established raid group before I hit 85 so I know the effort to gear/gem/chant/max profs/max reps out would be worth it.

2) That's correct.

3) That's fine with me, and yes I do plan on completing all of the aforementioned tasks before Firelands.

My raiding schedule has been fairly flexible as far as my sleeping schedule is concerned, so I have a lot of free time in between raids and a day or two of free time without raids. If I found raid times before I jumped in to the application, I might have been able to comment a bit more on my raid availability.

Thanks for not blowing the app off immediately.

Klysmo
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 874
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:56 am
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Orc
Class: Death Knight
Role: Tank
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Fellwood - Soon to be 85 Arms Warrior

Post by Klysmo » Mon May 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Your raid availability should be based around your schedule, and not our perspective raid times. We aren't asking if you can make 100% of our raids, we are asking what times during the week you are available to raid. If you plan on raiding on 2 other toons, while trying to grind 3+ reps to exalted on a warrior that is almost 85, then getting that warrior 12/12 in the next 2-3 weeks before Firelands, I find that goal to be highly improbable.
Fellwood wrote:I'd, in all honestly, like to find an established raid group before I hit 85 so I know the effort to gear/gem/chant/max profs/max reps out would be worth it.
Fair enough, but that's not necessarily beneficial to those of us that have already put in that time and effort on our current toons by having to wait for/carry you through normal content just to get geared to the level we are. If you put in the effort before applying, then we know you are ready to raid and that is what we are looking for currently.

We will keep this application on file, but we are currently looking for geared players to help us progress in heroic mode raid content. We are now 5/13 and are only interested in applicants that can fill our roster immediately. Thank you for taking the time to apply!
Klysmo - Orc Death Knight
Kinetic - Goblin Shaman
Kaze - Orc Warrior
Cypher - Orc Rogue

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests