* Pestilence is now 1 rank. It now spreads existing Blood Plague and Frost Fever infections from your target to all other enemies within 10 yards. (Previously dealt damage)
* Strangulate no longer deals damage.
* Blood Boil damage increased, but its range has been reduced.
* Death Pact's heal can no longer crit.
* Blood Strike now instantly strikes the enemy, causing 40% weapon damage plus 305.6, increased by 12.5% per disease on the target at rank 6. (Previously caused 50% weapon damage plus 191, and an additional 95.5 bonus damage per disease)
* Heart Strike now
* instantly strikes the target and his nearest ally, causing 50% weapon damage plus 368, increased by 10% per disease on the target at rank 6. (Previously caused 60% weapon damage plus 220.8, and an additional 110.4 bonus damage per disease)
* Blood Gorged (Tier 10) no longer grants expertise. Instead your attacks ignore up to 2/4/6/8/10% of the targets armor.
* Heart Strike (Tier 9) now strikes the target and his nearest ally, causing 50% weapon damage plus 125, increased by 10% per disease on the target.
* Might of Morgraine (Tier 9) now increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Blood Boil, Blood Strike, Death Strike, Heart Strike, and Obliterate abilities by 10/20/30%. (Previously was 15/30/45%)
* Sudden Doom (Tier 8 ) is now a 3 point talent and now has a 5/10/15% chance to launch a free Death Coil at your target. (Previously gave a 4/8/12/16/20% chance to make the next death coil cost no runic power and guaranteed it to crit)
* Blood Aura (Tier 7) renamed Improved Blood Presence and now while in Frost Presence or Unholy Presence, you retain 4% healing from Blood Presence, and healing done to you is increased by 10% in Blood Presence.
* Bloody Strikes (Tier 5) now increases the damage of Blood Strike and Heart Strike by 15/30/45%, and increases the damage of Blood Boil by 20/40/60%.
* Scent of Blood (Tier 2) now can proc off dodging, parrying or taking direct damage.
* *New Talent* Improved Death Strike, Tier 8, 2 talent points - Increases the damage of your Death Strike by 15/30%.
* Icy Touch now causes Frost Fever to last 15 secs.
* Hungering Cold and Howling Blast have switched places in the talent tree.
* Howling Blast (Tier 11) now deals 50% additional damage to targets infected with Frost Fever. (Previously dealt double damage)
* Unbreakable Armor (Tier 8 ) now Reinforces your armor with a thick coat of ice, reducing physical damage from all attacks by 0.05 and increasing your strength by 25% for 20 sec. The amount of damage reduced increases as your armor increases. (Previously just increased armor by 25%, strength by 10%, and parry by 5%)
* Blood of the North (Tier 8 ) now affects Frost Strike as well as Blood Strike.
* Chillblains (Tier 7) now reduces movement speed by 15/30/45%. (Previously 10/20/30%)
* Endless Winter moved from Tier 6 to Tier 4.
* Chill of the Grave moved from Tier 5 to Tier 4.
* Runic Power Mastery moved to Tier 1 and is now a 2 point talent. Increases your maximum Runic Power by 15/30. (Previously 3 point talent that increased runic power by 10/20/30)
* Black Ice (Tier 2) increases your frost damage by 4/8/12/16/20%. (Previously 6/12/18/24/30%)
* Glacier Rot moved from Tier 1 to Tier 5 and is now a 3 point talent. Now diseased enemies take 7/13/20% more damage from your Icy Touch, Howling Blast and Frost Strike. (Previously 5/10%)
* Plague Strike now deals 50% weapon damage plus 189 and infects the target with Blood Plague, a disease dealing Shadow damage over time. (No longer removes a HoT)
* Raise Dead cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes. The ghoul now only lasts for 1 minute.
* Unholy Blight moved from Tier 11 to Tier 5.
* Scourge Strike (Tier 9) now deals 55% of weapon damage as Shadow damage plus 185.63, increased 9% per each of your diseases on the target. (Previously dealt 60% of weapon damage as Shadow damage plus 81, and an additional 40.5 bonus damage per disease.)
* Night of the Dead (Tier 8 ) now reduces the cooldown on Raise Dead by 45/90 sec and Army of the Deat by 5/10 min. (Previously reduced cooldown when you hit the target)
* Desecration (Tier 7) now causes all Plague Strikes to cause the desecrated ground effect. Targets in the area are slowed by 10/20/30/40/50% by the grasping arms of the dead while you cause 1/2/3/4/5% additional damage while standing on the unholy ground. Lasts 12 sec.
* Anti-Magic Zone (Tier 7) no longer requires a rune to activate.
* Unholy Aura (Tier 7) renamed Improved Unholy Presence and changed to: While in Blood Presence or Frost Presence, you retain 8/15% increased movement speed from Unholy Presence, and your runes finish their cooldowns 5/10% faster in Unholy Presence.
* Magic Supression (Tier 6) is now a 3 point talent and You take 2/4/6% less damage from all magic. In addition, your Anti-Magic Shell absorbs an additional 8/16/25% of spell damage. (Previously a 5 point talent)
* Master of Ghouls moved from Tier 6 to Tier 4. It now also reduces the cooldown of your Raise Dead spell by 60 sec.
* Summon Gargoyle moved from Tier 5 to Tier 11.
* Blood-Caked Blade (Tier 4) now has a 3 sec internal cooldown.
* Shadow of Death removed from the game.
* Outbreak (Tier 3) no longer affects Blood Boil. It now affects Plague Strike and Scourge Strike.
* Necrosis (Tier 3) now only affects main hand auto attacks. (Previously affected all auto-attacks)
* Virulence moved from Tier 2 to Tier 1.
* Morbidity moved from Tier 1 to Tier 2.
* *New Talent* Ghoul Frenzy, Tier 6, 1 point talent - Grants your pet 25% haste for 15 sec and heals it for 30% of its health over the duration. 1 Unholy Rune. 45 Yard range. Channeled. 30 sec cooldown.
Lots, and lots, and lots of changes. Here is the Calculator that is pretty up to snuff, minus some of the wording: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight=
I'm looking at the whole picture now, and seeing DW really, really taking a big hit to what its doing now. Slow/fast might be viable, but fast/fast will not be due to BCB and Necrosis changes, as well as HB being moved way up. 32/39 seems like a dead spec.
UB is going to help damage be more constant than Garg, but losing HB in the spec is probably a bigger hit [I very well could be wrong here, as I haven't seen the math on it yet.]
You can still make some tasty builds like having KM, UB and Wandering Plague in a DW build, but I wonder if it would just be better suited going the full way with UH.
Ultimately I see it coming down to Blood and UH 2H really battling it out for supremacy. Blood gains a slew of good news, like the instant sudden death proc DC, ArP 10% on everything instead of expertise, a permanent ghoul, blood worms making a come back, and something interesting I found in this build I delved together:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathkn ... rsion=9614
RPM [Runic Power Mastery] being swapped up in the Frost tree scratched my head a bit, then I peered over to Blood and read DRW. To give an understanding of how crazy DRW can get, it will do 13-20% of my total damage over the course of a 3m fight. With RMP this length of time increases further [I'd have to double check, but think its a total of 26 seconds.].
That's pretty flipping insane, you can go a full rotation with empower rune weapon tweaked in and make a bloodbath. But it seems like a rogue type feel with Adrenaline Rush, if you mess it up [Procs arent up, boss moves, you don't have runes available, or hysteria.], it will royally cost you DPS. It's a bit of a gamble.
But also the Xfactor here is the ghoul, you have really insane STR buffs in the Blood tree, and they apply to your ghoul [As well as the glyph and UH talents.]. He's going to be smacking hoochie bitches left and right. Only thing is, how much will he matter in the long run compared to a UH specced [And easily re-obtainable should he die.] Ghoul.
UH 2H is the other heavyweight fighter. I don't like Garg, but you can really get some millage out of it if its really buffed [I haven't seen numbers yet.]. SS spam will reign pretty hard due to epidemic 2/2 on top of the lengthy diseases already. You'd have to get really unlucky to have diseases fall off now, and SS's damage was boosted a bit.
Ghoul Frenzy doesn't seem to fit and I'm betting it gets changed. A channeled ability like that doesn't make much sense. And speaking of ghouls, NotD simply reduces the CDs of ghoul and Army....And Army would be 10 mins. Arena? lol.
Frost is a massive question mark here, I think it definitely has potential, look at the new unbreakable armor. 25% STR BUFF for 20s every min. That's beyond crazy snake lady insane. Frost Strikes would hit like a bus with that thing up. Bind blood tap to UA and your good to hook on rotations, only problem would be what your support tree would be, blood or UH. Since you could easily get a perma ghoul with deep frost now.
Ah... choices....choices. I'd recommend if your DW now to get a slow MH, and keep a 2H close by. Stock up on glyphs, pots, and Aloe Vera [What... I like Aloe.], and check out the PTR to see what kind of numbers you goofs are pulling off.
Death Knight Discussion
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest