Common
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Oestrus
Race: Tauren
Class: Druid
Role: Healer

Resilience

Post by Oestrus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:03 am

Calvin warned me these forums were kind of desolate, so I figured I would try to throw a conversation starter on here.

How much Resilience is suggested for a healer in the Arena?

I have been trolling Arena Junkies, MMO-Champion, etc. and the results seem to kind of mixed. Most people suggest anything between the 600-800 range is optimal and a few people say that 800+ is best. I just hit about 825 last night, with the purchase of some new Deadly shoulders.

I know that we're lucky enough to have some amazing PVPers in here, some that I've stalked furiously and pestered with questions myself (ZOMG Mullins) - so I wanted to see what the general consensus here might be.

In terms of my bracket, I'm about to crack the 1600s on my 2v2, with a warlock. And my 3v3 is made up of the same warlock, myself and a rogue friend of ours. We just started out, but are already approaching the 1400s.

Thanks for the help!
"I could ride you at a gallop until your legs buckled and your eyes rolled. I could squeeze you until you popped like warm champagne, and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more. And you know why I don't?

Because it's wrong."

Chodosuka
Legendary
Legendary
Server: Thunder-fail
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Rogue

Re: Resilience

Post by Chodosuka » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:15 pm

What spec is your warlock.

Deathrevival
Legendary
Legendary
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Troll
Class: Priest

Post by Deathrevival » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:16 pm

As a resto druid, 825 should be plenty. Try to stay above 800 and start working on getting your SP as high as you can.

Oestrus
Common
Common
Guild: Oestrus

Post by Oestrus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:43 pm

What spec is your warlock.
I don't have the exact talent point spectrum for him, but I know he's doing the Affliction based PVP spec - with Unstable Affliction, Haunt, etc. His name is Slashgrin and he's from Thunderhorn, if you want to Armory him and get the exact details.

We do that for our 2v2 and we were doing that in our 3v3 - but we have seen how successful warlock/rogue/shaman was with a Destruction spec and he is trying that out. We had more luck when he was Affliction in that combo, but we haven't completely given up on the idea of making Destruction work.
"I could ride you at a gallop until your legs buckled and your eyes rolled. I could squeeze you until you popped like warm champagne, and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more. And you know why I don't?

Because it's wrong."

Hakawne
Epic
Epic

Post by Hakawne » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:52 pm

Posting because my druid has zero resilience, and I keep seeing Oestrus's name.
Sue me, I like to edit.