*Sigh* The world as we rogues know it...is no longer...

Rogue Discussion
Ducetius
Common
Common
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Unknown
Race: Troll
Class: Rogue

*Sigh* The world as we rogues know it...is no longer...

Post by Ducetius » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:05 am

Long story short...

I have a really close friend IRL that I've known for almost 20 years now. She is an executive at Blizzard. With that said, I have been speaking to her alot lately about wtf is going on with the rogue class. And she has been able to get some information on the class and some direction in which blizz is going forward with.

Rogues are sorta being converted into a "hybrid" class of sorts. Not to the extent of a druid, but more along the lines of being a "raid buffer", much like the older Shadow Priests were. Moderate DPS, raid utility in terms of a raid buff to increase the overall DPS, and some AoE. Despite the constant complaints about the lack of Rogue DPS in the current raiding world, Blizzard has maintained their approach of converting the class into more than a "single target DPS" at all costs. According to wowcensus, the total average population percentage of rogues per BG is down from 23% to 8.4% since the release of WoLK.

Raiders that play rogues are not welcoming the changes, nor am I. I have np being a raid buffer in any form or way, but when I come to the table on a boss like Patchwerk, in the best of the best gear (and imo a pretty damn good rogue) and yet I can't compete with the likes of a hunter in blues, a DK thats DPS'ing as tank spec, etc etc...then that defeats the entire purpose of bringing a rogue into a raid, at least imo.

The problem is all related to PvP. Blizz is trying so hard to balance PvP right now, that they can't see the effect it is having on PvE (and not just for the rogue class). I don't even enjoy PvP anymore...2 shotting each other isn't fun. If I wanted that I'd play a First Person Shooter or something.

Anyway, I'm just venting and passing on information that I know to be 99.99999% accurate, for she has never given me wrong information in the past.

I will say this though, if I were a raid leader....come patch time...if those rogue nerfs/changes happen....the only way I would bring rogues into a 25 man raid, would be to have 2 rogues in the same group and spamming Tricks of the Trade on each other all night long. Other than that, the raid would benefit more by replacing both rogues with another Hunter and a DK.

Thanks for letting me vent....

- Disgruntled Duce

Jemba
Artifact
Artifact
Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Orc
Class: Warlock

Re: *Sigh* The world as we rogues know it...is no longer...

Post by Jemba » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:37 pm

Come on over to Warlocks.

kaos
Legendary
Legendary

Post by kaos » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:40 pm

i know, rogues are so broken now it makes me sick to play mine, tho im an eternal optimist, all i can do is hope they fix it, much like the beginning of TBC, good, bad, or ugly, im a rogue for life.

Ducetius
Common
Common
Race: Troll

Post by Ducetius » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:15 am

Yeah I hear ya on that. I love playing a rogue, but I must stop playing on the PTR cause its making me hate blizz more and more.