Epic
Epic
Server: Thunderhorn
Guild: Unknown
Race: Troll
Class: Hunter

Caster DPS on Brutallus

Post by Kinzar » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:38 pm

I've been doing some research on what kind of DPS we're going to need in order to beat Brutallus before the 6 min enrage timer. Every WWS I come across I'm seeing mages sitting at over 2k DPS. How do they do this you ask? In short, spell haste. I'm seeing mages wearing a good bit of spell haste and using spell haste effects to utilize maximum DPS.

Self-buffed spell haste- Icy veins x2, Skull of Gul'dan x2

Party-buffed spell haste- Bloodlust x1, Drums of Battle x6

So, our luck with the Skull of Gul'dan has been pathetic, but I think the key factor here is the fact that drums of battle was pretty much up the whole time on the caster DPS group. This is going to be a must for us if we want to maximize our DPS on this fight. Drums of Battle The cooldown on this is 2 min, so.... theoreticaly 2 people using drums in the party should be able to use at least 2 drums each. So I'm assuming that these mages who are hitting over 2k DPS have 3 people using 2 drums each.

The guild I was looking at had 2 of the 3 mages they used on brutallus as LW/enchanting combo for professions. Now, I'm thinking we are not going to be able to bring 3 mages for this fight, but if 2/3 are leatherworkers and can chain drums, then maybe we could. Currently, the only time we get drums is when we get kinetic in our group. That is not sufficient. I am going to be taking up leatherworking for just this reason. It really does make a huge difference. If we want to be successfully pulling off 2k+ DPS we've go to be stacking haste. So any caster that can bring drums to the fight is going to get the automatic bid to be in for the fight. If we could get at least 2 mages + kinetic/borion using drums... I think you'll see our DPS skyrocket.

You only need 350 leatherworking to get drums. I know its crappy, but we're going to have to do it if we want to get past this fight.

kaos
Legendary
Legendary
Class: Rogue

Re: Caster DPS on Brutallus

Post by kaos » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:44 pm

hang tight on LW kinz, have faith in your meele:P if we have a stacked group, with bloodlust rotations, we will pull threw, dyne has drums as well, we chain pop haste pots, etc, let us have a few cracks at this guy before you drop a profession just for him. We can routinely pull off 1900+ dps on teron, if its the same tank and spank fight for the meele, with the bloodlust rotations, im guessing we will be in the 2400 dps range.

Kinzar
Epic
Epic
Race: Troll
Class: Hunter

Post by Kinzar » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:29 pm

hehe, thanks for the words of encouragement kaos, but I still feel like everyone needs to be pushing their DPS to the max to make this work. I havn't picked up LW yet, but I will seriously consider it to increase my raid DPS.

Dyingeulogy
Rare
Rare
Server: Frostmane
Guild: Obsidium
Race: Undead
Class: Warlock

Post by Dyingeulogy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:19 pm

http://wowwebstats.com/wldxf3pmzq4gq?s=10683-11017" target="_blank

= What happens if a warlock gets x2 bloodlust and 3 LW's in their group.. I currently have an alt on that server and I'm trying to get to talk to the guy to see what I need to stack, stat wise..

I have played with fire before :twisted: just gotta master it.